Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Samsung Partner
63083622

I have switched to an antenna/Fire Recast system. My antenna

Customer Question

I have switched to an antenna/Fire Recast system. My antenna doesn't get all the channels that I would like mainly ABC. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Wes replied 1 month ago.

Hey there! Welcome to Just Answer, an independent, paid-support site. Sorry to hear you're having problems, my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything I can to help you with this situation. What is the manufacturer and model number of the TV? The model number is ***** on a sticker or plate on the rear or bottom of the TV. If there is a product code, version number, or serial number, please let me know what the first 5 to 8 characters are in addition to the model number of the TV.

On your TV remote, there should be a Zoom/Aspect button, press that, then try each of the settings. If you do not have one of those buttons, press the MENU button on your remote, then go to picture settings, then look for Picture Size, or Aspect Ratio and try each of the settings.

I hope the information I've provided has been helpful. If you need more assistance, please let me know so l can continue to assist you. Also, make sure to add me as a favorite expert. By the way, we do more than tech support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from health and medical, to taxes, to legal, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My issue is not my TV exactly. I switched to antenna and Fire TV/Recast. When I try to watch some stations like ABC, the message says that the signal is too weak. I’ve moved it all around the TV. What do I need to do?
Expert:  Wes replied 1 month ago.

Sounds like you need a better antenna. My experience is that antenna manufacturers overstate the range of their antennas... so I use a rule-of-thumb of 50% of the claimed distance for the actual range of the antenna.

How far out are the TV stations you're trying to receive?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m not to sure, but I live in Fort Worth and it’s possible the stations could be in Dallas which is a good 30 miles or more. I guess I need to buy another longer range one.
Expert:  Wes replied 1 month ago.

I would recommend one of these: https://www.channelmaster.com/Smartenna_Indoor_TV_Antenna_p/cm-3001hd.htm or one of these: https://www.channelmaster.com/Digital_HDTV_Outdoor_TV_Antenna_p/cm-2018.htm

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the recommendations. And, thank you Wes.
Expert:  Wes replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome