Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm trying to connect the Ruku to my tv It gets to the

Customer Question

I'm trying to connect the Ruku to my tv It gets to the setting up internet and then I get a code 005
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sony Bravia
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 2005-06
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?
Customer: Nothing everything went well until i got to this screen where it will not go through the update I
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this, I'll do my best to help
- Is it first time setting up that Roku device?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Okay, while setting the wifi, do you get your wifi router name and able to select it?

Did you put correct wifi password ***** establish a connection with the router?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it showed that it connected. According to the set-up after this I should get a code, but it states need update hit OK. I hit OK update does not run but gives an error message
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it shows connected
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Okay, that means the Roku device isn't connected properly with the internet

Please reset it to default settings by pressing the Reset button on it to start over the setup process and reply back with the result

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Reset button?? Where would I find this
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

If it is a Roku stick then check the sides of it for a reset button

If it is a Box then find a reset pinhole on the rear side of the box near the power input jack

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ruku Express
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok it's back to original screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Nice, please go through the setup and complete the network setup again to see how it worked

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Same issue I've checked all issues and my internet is runnning at 104
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Okay, are the other devices such as laptop, computer, cellphone connected to the same wifi working fine, right?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All the devices are working perfectly That's why this is so confusing. This includes my tv in the main room. This TV has the apps on it already. This is a secondary tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Okay, it seems that Roku Express device is faulty, have problem with the wifi circuitry which is causing the problem, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem is this is the second unit I purchased so I was hoping there is something else. Looks like this product will not work with my tv
Can this be loaded on a computer to test it out or is this strictly for the tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

The Roku device is strictly for the TV and there is no way to connect it to a computer

You have it replaced which is new info, I would recommend rebooting your wifi modem/ router at this point and try again to run the network setup