TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

None of the codes seem to work beginning with the 10047,etc.

None of the codes...

None of the codes seem to work beginning with the 10047,etc. I have no sound nor any other functions, I replaced the batteries but to no avail, the comcast remote works but I would need to use the RCA to adjust the sound. I have the tv for approximately 5 years, maybe I need a new remote. HELP. thanks

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
are you there?
8/6/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the brand and model number of your tv?
What remote are you trying to use?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
its anRCA I don't know the model. I am using a gray remote with a red power buttton in the upper left hand and a green mute button on the left. its app 2 in across and 6 in long
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
no
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
can you send me a new remote, when I put the new batteries in it worked for about 20 seconds. then I took the batteries and licked them and they worked again for a few sec

I don't know what you are saying no to.

I can help you find a suitable replacement remote for you to purchase, but I need you to please provide me with the model number off the back of the tv.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
to 26 dollars
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
hold I will try

I, personally, am not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance or membership) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

For this to be productive, please focus on our conversation here, and providing the details I requested above.

Multiple replies and unrelated discussion further delay the system.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
the best I can do on the model is RLDED thethe best I can do is RLDED
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
for model number

There should be some numbers after that.

Is the issue that the rca remote doesn't work for anything?
Does the tv still turn on (with the comcast remote)?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
no the rca does not work at all and the tv stills on with the comcast I just have no sound

Does the tv respond to its own onboard buttons to change the volume?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I don't have on tv buttons at least I don't think so I go look

I can't say for sure without a model number.

Typically there are some on the back/edge

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I couldn't find any I felt all around the edges and underneath
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
how bout I just buy a new or maybe I get get some younger eyes out to read the model number, I am 75 and can not so good anymore nathan

I understand,

if you can get me the model number or even send a photo I can help from there,

replacing the tv is a good option as well though,

even though you could buy a new remote, these rca tvs are some of the lowest quality ones made and are only expected to last a year or so, so even buying a remote is probably not worth the investment when the rest of the tv will likely die any day now and you'll end up having to buy a new tv at that point anyway because they really can't be repaired.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
well how much is a new remote

It really depends on the actual model number of the tv.

RCA tvs are so poorly supported that you generally can't get an original part, when you can, they can range from $25-75. In some cases, depending on model, a generic part may be available.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
ok, thanks Nathan. is this goodbye, if so, goodbye

No I'm happy to help further if you need more info, but at the moment I can't do much without a model number.

If you can get that info for me feel free to get back in touch and we can look into new remotes.

Otherwise, if you decide to buy a new tv, I recommend sticking to LG, Panasonic, and Samsung, which tend to be the most reliable and longest lasting for example: http://amzn.to/2CxVZhP

The “off brand” sets just aren’t worth the savings, they have high failure rates, are short lived, and are poorly supported.

If you happen to be a costco member (or know someone who is) I'd suggest buying it there. They tend to have very good pricing to begin with, but will also double the factory warranty to 2 years instead of 1, and they have a square trade extended warranty you can buy which is well worth it.

Nathan, Installer