TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have an older ,not sure how old but Samsung PN648500AFXZA…

Customer Question
Have an older ,not...

Have an older ,not sure how old but Samsung PN648500AFXZA USQ1 version plasma display tv , goes on but no picture , hasn’t been used in about a month , what could be wrong or what can I do besides buying a new tv

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your PN648500AFXZA?

Yes We bought this house a few months ago and tv furniture all came with it so not sure how old or set up but there are wires as you said

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes I believe so They installed. New electric boxes recentlty

Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: TV
8/5/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 15 days ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I'm sorry you're having problems and I will try my best to help. Can you please reply back with the following:

1) Is the sound working when you turn on the TV?

2) Does the power light actually change from Off to On when you press the power button?

3) Does anything at all display on the screen (MENU, Samsung welcome logo, etc.)?

4) If No to #3, does the screen appear pitch black as if the set were off- or is there a slight glow/backlight to it?