TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG model 50LN5500 that has not picture. I tested…

I have an LG...

I have an LG model 50LN5500 that has not picture. I tested the connections on the power board and I have the required 3.5V for the standby light, but I don't have the 12V or 24V on the other pins when I turn on the power button. Is the main board the problem?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 50LN5500?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The tv was working properly and all at once the picture went black.

7/19/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

When the picture went black did the sound stay on even for a short time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there continues to be sound and if I use the flashlight method I can see images on the screen

Let me tell you about this model in particular it suffers from back-light failure right now we have an epidemic of back-light failure across makes and models this model is one that does fail in this department regularly, unfortunately its very tedious and labor intensive to replace the back-lights I am sorry but if you want to try www.shopjimmy.com should stock the LEDs

Let me know what you think

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought that initially as well, but I started by checking voltages. I have voltage of 3.5V for the standby lights, but when I test the connector for the 12V and 24V return from the main board when I power the unit I do not see any voltage. Makes me wonder if it is a main board problem?

If the set is now stuck in standby its BECAUSE of the back-lights being bad,the set has now shut down, in either instance the back-lights are bad its these that are causing you the issue nothing else no bad main-board

Voltage checks become erroneous you can't trust those we seldom try taking voltages because there is no way to verify anything,the main-board cannot be checked its a data board you would need thousands of pounds worth of test gear to check that...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks

If the back-lights was your original issue its your issue now

Sorry for bad news there is a video onyoutube explaining bad backlights on this set just input the model number,please though you have different symptoms but same bad devices

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician