TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Does LG tv model number LG 49UF 6430 UB have access to a…

Does LG tv model...

Does LG tv model number LG 49UF 6430 UB have access to a “free tv” interior antenna?

Technician's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I am trying to connect an indoor antenna to a LG flat screen TV model 49UF6430 UB. I have

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 49UF?

Will the LG flat screen tv model numberUF 6430 UB receive signals from an indoor antenna?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv menu works. when I select the “ live tv” option the picture is snowy nd the audio is static

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have turned the Parental control off; have shut down and unplugged the entire system with no change in reception.

7/17/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
okay, let’s go

Did you just connect an antenna for the first time?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
i have already paid 38.00 and you are answering my question with a question
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I connected the Terk antenna yesterday without getting a picture. Does the LG tv mosel support an antenna or do I need another piece of equipment?

Yes I do need some basic info to get started, this is a conversation.

There is no built in antenna, if that is what you meant. You do need to connect an external antenna, I'm asking if you've done this.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I connected the Terk amplified multi directional indoor flat hdtv antenna

Yes you can use the terk antenna, but it needs to be programmed.

First, set the input/source mode to TV (air),

then go into the menu, under Channels, then run the channel scan/search function

It can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour to run,

but after it is done it will show how many channels were found, depending on what signals that antenna is capable of picking up in your location.

You can then exit the menu and use the channel buttons on the lg remote to move up/down between those it found.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
i will continue to work on this using your instructions. when I select tv from the input menu, I get a snowy screen and no sound and menu is not offered

That is normal, because you have no channels installed yet.

After that, you need to press the menu button on the remote.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
pressing the menu button does nothing to change the picture or take me to another menu
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I am signing off now, no change in status no picture, no access to menu or channels or connection to antenna. I will continue to try.

Use the button that says Q Menu, it looks like Gear on the button

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
what do I choose next
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
which option is selected from the list?

Please do not send multiple responses and allow me time to respond, each time you do the system is further delayed and I have to start all over

Go to Channels

Channel Tuning

Auto Tuning

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
the channel search process has started. Thank you. The directions and demonstration provided by Terk had the antenna downloading channels ad soon as the tv was turned on; I should have known it would not be so easy. Thank you again. Goodbye

Great Glad to hear that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer