TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I checked cable connections from TV to cable box but my

I checked cable connections...

I checked cable connections from TV to cable box but my screen keeps jumping. why

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Two years Walmart LG

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

It was stable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

What is his cost?

7/13/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

If you still need assistance with this, could you please reply back with the full model number off of the back of the TV? Also, what connections/cables are there being used between the cable box and the TV please- is it an HDMI cable?

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model UN32J5205AFXZA. I do not know the kind of cable
stevenl1469
Phone call session started

Thank you for the reply. I see that another expert accepted your phone call offer. If you still need assistance after the phone call, feel free to send a reply back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The suggestion did not work

I'm sorry, but I do not know what suggestion the expert that called you had recommended. Please let me know what he had you try and I can help further.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Richard said unplug tv. Hold button for 60 sec. and wait 10 min.

Alright, what we need to do now is determine whether or not the TV is the cause of the issue or if perhaps the cable box is the root cause. Are you able to locate a connect a DVD player and see if the picture still jumps when using that device?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I performed that step al ready and the TV functions properly while DVD is operating.

Okay good, this means that the issue is not the TV but the cable box and/or the connecting cable, so you would next want to contact the cable company and have then swap the box out for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do.

Best of luck and I hope you have a good weekend.