TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot get rid of a message that appears every time I

I cannot get rid...

I cannot get rid of a message that appears every time I watch TV. I use a Bose cinemate soundbar and the message is about ARC

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Cinemate 130 home theater

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

I replaced the HDMI cable and applied a bose update from their website. I keep seeing HDMI-1 has been renamed to hear audio from the TV using HDMI ARC connect to HDMI-1

7/11/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 5 days ago
please

What is the exact error message?

Customer reply replied 5 days ago
Whe I turn the tv on it says”HDMI-1 has been renamed. To hear audio from the TV using HDMI ARC connect to HDMI-1. I used a Bose cinemate 130 sound bar.

Is it connected to HDMI1?

Unfortunately, that is a known glitch and there hasn't been a solution to the issue yet.

Customer reply replied 5 days ago
Thanks. I have been goin crazy.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service