TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do you know if Lightening struck your TV? Samsung

Customer Question
How do you know...

How do you know if Lightening struck your TV?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung Plasma. THe only date I see on the back is Sept 2012. I thought we have had it about 5 years. Model PN60E535A3FXA. Version TS02

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It's not currently plugged up or connected to cable . About a week ago, we had a rain shower and the cable box (DVR) & TV went out. Cable Co. came and replaced the box but the TV never came back on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

If it needs to be connected, I will have to come back tomorrow. I can't move it by myself.

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: TV
7/11/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 days ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help, I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
NOTE: my replies may take few minutes to reach you so please be patient

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

- Does the screen glow/ show any graphics when turning On TV power?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
It was not coming on at all when I disconnected it. I thought there was a slight glow but nothing else.

Thanks for the info

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
No calls. It is 2 am here.

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer/ prompt is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I do not think the power light was coming on at all It is not connected at this time ( not plugged into an outlet or cable box at this time.

Please connect the TV to a power outlet when getting the time to move forward in the troubleshooting process

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Thank you for your help. I will have to get help to move TV tomorrow.

OK, please take your time

Thanks