TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

RED POWER ON INDICATOR IS LIT.........UNIT WILL NOT TURN ON…

Customer Question
RED POWER ON INDICATOR...

RED POWER ON INDICATOR IS LIT.........UNIT WILL NOT TURN ON I PUT FRESH BATTERIES IN THE REMOTE......NO GO

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

SURGE PRO

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

YES SEVERAL TIMES

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

UNIT IS 18 MOS OLD WITH NO PREVIOUS PROBLEMS

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: TV
7/11/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 days ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Unplug the TV for 10 minutes, then plug it directly into a working wall socket.If it still doesn't power on, then the TV has a fault.Let me know if you are planning on carrying out the repairs yourself, or if you are looking for a repairer in your area? --------------------Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.Pete.--------------------