TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tuner has not been set up? To Find channels press the Play…

Tuner has not been...

Tuner has not been set up? To Find channels press the Play key on remote.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

RCA Justt Kidding Vizio Cast 9064

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes I have it plug into my direcTV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your RCA? What happened right before this?

It has just sat here for about a year turned off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No but tell him I'm a loser!

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
It is a Vizina not an RCA
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Vizio 9064
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/11/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I apologize for the delay as I'm just seeing your question now. If you still need help, I need to know th following info please:

1) What's the full model number off of the back of the Vizio (for example: D32-E1, etc.)?

2) How is the DirecTv box connected to the Vizio? Example: HDMI cable, coaxial cable, component video cables (this part is important)?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
OK I will get that within 40 minutes - thank you for the follow-up!
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
What time do you get off?
Thank you for the reply, and that sounds good. We don't have set hours, and I will be on and off throughout the evening.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
E32-D1; coaxial cable (I think - how can I tell?)

Thank you. I see that's a picture of your cable box. There is a cable that connects that box to the TV however, and it will be labeled on the TV port where it plugs in. Please check the back of the TV where the cable from the box connects and let me know if it says "HDMI" next to it please.

Okay thank you. You do not have to setup the tuner of the TV in any way, it's actually much simpler than that. All you need to do is use the original Vizio remote's Input button to select the HDMI port you are plugged into. So press that button and if you are plugged into "HDMI 1" for example, then simply select "HDMI 1". Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Were you able to try the steps I posted above?

The "Input" button on the Vizio remote is at the top most right corner of the remote. That is what you will need to use to select the HDMI Input. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
it worked. Thank you. now I am trying to get it hooked up to my in house wi fi?how to you do this?

Great and I'm glad to hear it worked. I don't have information on how you would connect it to your Wi Fi, as I was just answering the question you posted regarding the channels. On the Wi Fi, what have you tried so far and where are you having problems?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
It says "in order to connect the unit to your network, you will be asked for information about your net work and router. Verify with your router's user guide how to collect this information. Please press + to enter a network name (SSID).
Then I have a choice of my network router or the VIZIO one but I don't have the VIZIO Number?

You need to select your network router and then use the password ***** is on a sticker on the bottom or back of your router.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
OK yes I tried that but it failed. I am just a Loser Aric. Thank you for your help in getting me to this point - you are excellent and my survey response will say so. any reason my number is ***** to the TV. The same internet connection is working on my main TV?

It's likely just the TV acting up, and you're welcome for the help, I appreciate the kind words. Have you tried resetting the TV to factory defaults yet and tried setting up the internet again from scratch?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
No how do you do that?

Click on the link below, and scroll to page 60/76 (you may need to check a few pages before that to see how to get to that part of the MENU), and follow the steps to "reset to factory settings":

https://cdn.vizio.com/documents/e32d1/um-e32d1.pdf

1. From the Reset & Admin menu,
tap Reset to Factory Settings.
2. A confirmation window appears,
tap YES to continue. Your TV
resets to the factory default
settings.
Note: If you set a System PIN,
then you will need to enter it
before the TV resets.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Where are the Reset and Admin menu?

You may need to check a few pages before that to see how to get to that part of the MENU.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Ok my friend thank you for all your help I am quitting this for now. I’ll this battle for tomorrow.

You're welcome and best of luck. If you received the information you were looking for regarding your tech question, please kindly click a positive rating so that I am credited by the website (scroll to the top and click on 3, 4, or 5 stars).

Aric, Technician