TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My QLED55Q7FA is not switching on properly, the sound and…

Customer Question
My QLED55Q7FA is not...

My QLED55Q7FA is not switching on properly, the sound and the screen backlighting come on, but no picture. If I turn off the power to the under set box off for a few seconds and then reconnect it and switch the set on again it is OK. Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

OK, that worked, the picture came on first try after the reboot

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Hello again - same problem as yesterday, power on, backlighting and sound, but no picture. Switch power off at the outlet for 1 min and back on again all works perfectly. This has been going on for a week or more - any suggestions?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
6/30/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

When you first power the set up and the screen is backlit but black, can you use the original TV remote to pull up the MENU? Also can you please get me the FULL model number off of the back of the TV and tell me roughly how old it is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, response even with the original remote. QA55Q7FAMWXXY. The TV is approximately 12 months old

Thanks for the reply. Offhand this is bad news as the menu is native and will always display unless there's a hardware glitch within the set. It would be important to note whether the TV is less than or over one year from the date of purchase if these steps do not work.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the power button on the set?

Usually located on one of the lower rear corners of the TV.

Were you able to locate it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope, cant find a power button anywhere

I'm opting out.

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

My name is ***** ***** out, just reboot no need to bother with power-button,disconnect the set from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again let me know if there is any change please