TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I amtrying to change over from cable tv to an antenna and…

I amtrying to change...

I amtrying to change over from cable tv to an antenna and have done a restart to reset everything but when I do a channel scan it picks up nothing also tells me my tuner is not setup van you help with this

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

VIZIO model #D32hn_E0

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Cable tv worked fine but selecting antenne seemsto be a problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your #D32HN E0? What happened right before this?

Nothing happened I disconnected my cable line to use an antenna

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not

6/30/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Just to make sure you've done everything needed:

1) Did you go into the setup MENU and "reset the TV to factory defaults"?

2) From there, when the initial setup comes on screen, did you first select "ANTENNA" prior to running the scan?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no thank you

Then something is wrong with your TV. Please try a hard reset.

1) Shut the TV off and unplug its power cord as well as the antenna.

2) Press and hold the power button on the lower left hand rear corner of the TV itself for 10 seconds and release.

3) Wait a minute then reconnect the antenna and plug the TV in.

Turn the TV ON and then follow the steps below again:

To restore the TV to its factory default settings:
1. Press the MENU button on the
remote. The on-screen menu is
displayed.
2. Use the Arrow buttons on the
remote to highlight System and
press OK. The SYSTEM menu is
displayed.
3. Highlight Reset & Admin and
press OK. The RESET & ADMIN
menu is displayed.
4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory
Defaults and press OK

When the setup wizard starts, select ANTENNA and then run a channel scan.

Let me know what happens.

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still doesn’t detect any channels and says tuner has not been setup

How old is this TV please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not even a year
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not even a year old

You will need to contact Vizio at the number below and setup a warranty repair ticket on the set as it's Mainboard is faulty:

You can contact Vizio support at 1-***-***-****. They offer a “limited” one year parts and labor warranty as long as the product was purchased new from an authorized Vizio reseller. The repair and replacement of your TV will be at the sole discretion of Vizio. Any shipping cost will be at the customer's expense.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thanks for your help