TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I turn on tv and it pops up the LG logo and just freezes…

I turn on tv...

I turn on tv and it pops up the LG logo and just freezes there

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Lg60LN5600

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No I push menu and sources and it just stays frozen on logo page

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

Started last night. I have unplugged plugged back in and still same thing?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

NOTE: my replies may take few minutes to reach you so please be patient

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have unplugged but not sure if for 10 minutes but will do that now

OK, please take your time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will reply back in 10 minutes

OK, I'm standby

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay just plugged back in no change?

Sorry to hear that, this test also confirmed it is EEPROM chip internal failure, EEPROM chip is a memory chip mounted on the mainboard of the TV and stores TV firmware data/ internal software, due to defective EEPROM the main board isn't booting up fully and stuck in middle of booting process with a logo screen

Replacement of the mainboard on the TV is needed to resolve the problem, please click the following link to view the board image and part number info to search/ google it to get replacement board price info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself
http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/60ln5600-ub

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of this page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yikes okay not sure that I would want to attempt that myself but will look into it. Thanks

Much welcome, wish you the best~