TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Had a power outage a couple of days ago. When I went to turn…

Had a power outage...

Had a power outage a couple of days ago. When I went to turn my tv back on all I get on screen is enter pin code below to pair your display

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The on thing I know is it is a Visio and only 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Only the living room tv has the problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Never had a problem before. The power outage was about ten blocks square. The power outage was Tuesday

6/30/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help, I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
NOTE: my replies may take few minutes to reach you so please be patient

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video sources connected to the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model number is ***** and the tv is connected to a cable box from Century Link.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

OK, following troubleshooting step, should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The tv is 2 years old

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OMG it worked. Thank you so much

Excellent, glad to know it is working now

Please rate me a 5-star at the top of this page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Do you want me to make the phone call or close it now?

Phone call session started

It seems you went offline, I'll close pending phone call request and its charges $26 will be refunded to you in a couple of days

Thanks