TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV froze and now is directing me to unplug again. I have…

My TV froze and...

My TV froze and now is directing me to unplug again. I have alreadydone it 3 x.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

4 yrs old Samsung 60" flatscreen

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv in bedroom is also frozen. obviously the internet is still working

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

It was playing and suddenly the screen froze

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it keeps saying the X1 platform is connecting

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you.

Are you unplugging the tv? Or the comcast box?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both

Only the box is necessary,

please do so again, and leave it unplugged for at least 5 minutes,

replug, wait 5 more, and let me know the results at that point

There is a nationwide comcast outage at the moment though so this may just be a local signal issue that is out

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still not working! You say there is a comcast outage?

Yes, There is a known, nationwide comcast service outage at the moment. This is most likely what is affecting you.

If the reset didn't work, then it is a signal issue on the comcast end, there is nothing more you can do other than wait for them to restore their service. Because of the scope of this problem all across the country, I would expect that they have all hands on deck working to restore service and would probably have it back on soon, but a couple of hours at least will likely be needed.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK thank you

You are very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer