TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Actually my lg smart is working good but since last night…

Customer Question
Hi actually my lg...

Hi actually my lg smart is working good but since last night its screen is gone black and when i switch it on it gets on and than goes black again aand some time work for few min and goes back black again

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LG TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Its just tv is connected to wifi and my phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats all

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
6/29/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

When it goes black please press the MENU button of the sets OWN remote control let me know if the menu comes up whilst its black please,let me know

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WHEN I TURNED IT ON IT SHOWED THE LG LOGO AND AND IN FEW SECOND IT GOES BACK OFF AGAIN .
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HELLO

OK here

I will now need the model number please found on the back of the set and the sets approx age please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its 42LB56800-UG
AND YEAR 2015

Problem I am sorry to say is bad back-lights, right now we are going through an epidemic of failure of back-lights,back-light issues are very common with modern TVs the back-lights illuminate the pixels and they can go intermittent as well as failing altogether,right now back-light failure is the scourge of the industry,these LED devices were introduced many years ago to replace the energy consuming and troublesome ccfl tubing back-lights which were also troublesome many years ago however failure rate is high,the problem is its a very laborious operation to replace them and costly,in excess of $280 for a 40 inch set (varies where you are and the size/ cost of the set) in addition to tis there are not many repairers who undertake the work time will be needed to ring around using the yellow pages website or www.tvrepairpros.com for a NESDA approved technician or www.tvrepairman.com,I am sorry I do not have better news for you here just to add its not a job to undertake for the DIYer however if you want to try let me know just beware the risk at damage to the LCD panel is high when doing this work.

Let me know what you think

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I DONT THINK IWANT TO DO THAT

I am sorry I do not have better news for you on this you could contact a technician to replace these however the costs could be high in labor charges

What do you want to do about this please?let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IDONT WANT TO DO IT

Yes I understand that so are you going to be calling a tech or replacing the set do you need any more advice here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

OK

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of this page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony