TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 70 inch flat screen Bravia Sony does not respond to any…

Customer Question
My 70 inch flat...

My 70 inch flat screen Bravia Sony does not respond to any commands of the RM-YD102 remot. How to fix this?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Bravia?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
6/28/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the Sony TV? Also is the set ON and displaying anything right now? If so, then what is it the remote will not do?

Do you need assistance with anything here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The TV works fine using Direct TV monitor. The SONY remote has no impact on TV regardless of any button pushed. Model is XBR70X850B

I'm not sure what "using DirecTv monitor" means exactly. However on the Sony remote, pressing Home, or Volume will not pull these icons up on the screen? Have you replaced the batteries in the remote recently? Trying to understand the scope of the problem here....

Please send a reply back to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have Direct TV and using the Direct TV remote, all functions of the TV works fine, e.g., volume, channel change, etc.. However none of the functions work on the Sony remote, e.g., I cannot get Netflex, volume control, etc.I have replaced the batteries on the remote today. Problem still exists.

Okay and understood- thank you. We need to determine whether the issue is the remote itself, or the TV's IR sensor. Do you have a cell phone camera or digital camera (please note that an iPhone will not work) so we can test the infra red signal of the remote?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have you forgotten me?