TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The cable TV (in just ONE room) has not worked for at least…

Customer Question
The cable TV (in...

The cable TV (in just ONE room) has not worked for at least a week. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a Panasonic Vieta. I don't know how old it is -- I think it is only a few years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It is showing a blue screen with white writing which says what show is currently running, and that the problem will be fixed momentarily.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
6/28/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, please unplug power to the cable box, for at least 5 minutes

replug, wait 5 more, then let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done that already, and it goes back to the blue screen with white writing identifying the show that is playing.

OKay this was not mentioned previously,

but to be clear, the timing here is extremely important, just turning off or a quick unplug is not sufficient.

You need to unplug the power cord from the cable box for an absolute minimum of 5 minutes,

please do so again now just to be safe.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
CANCEL THIS scam NOW

I don't know what you are referring to. Please follow the instructions I sent above.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.