TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV is Frozen. 58l735ou,4 years. Only awhile..don't know. I…

TV is Frozen Technician's...

TV is Frozen

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

58l735ou,4 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Only awhile..don't know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't turn it on with the remote only manual no volume but does not change channels at all it's like it's frozen

6/28/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you.

What remote are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tosbhiba

Does the tv respond to any other button (besides power) on the tv itself (not the remote)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Thank you for checking,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2013 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This set is well past its service life at this point for a toshiba product.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $500 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks

You are very welcome, and best of luck to you!

If replacing, I recommend sticking to the name brands, which tend to be the most reliable, such as LG, Panasonic, and Samsung, for example: http://amzn.to/2CxVZhP

The “off brand” sets just aren’t worth the savings, they have high failure rates and are poorly supported if parts/repairs are ever needed.

If you happen to be a costco member (or know someone who is) I'd suggest buying it there. They tend to have very good pricing to begin with, but will also double the factory warranty to 2 years instead of 1, and they have a square trade extended warranty you can buy which is well worth it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
10 every good

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he did

Thank you (sorry the site makes me respond back, each time you do.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We're done thanks you

You're welcome

Nathan, Installer