Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am connected to with a mini-box. The TV is showing 'no

I am connected to Cox with a mini-box. The TV is showing 'no signal'. The Cox remote instructions say to press power, it blinks twice and stays on...then press #1, etc. However, the remote's power button does not stay on so I can't press #1 and then proceed. Further, I can't find a way to manually move anything up or down when I do press the menu button on the side. What am I doing wrong?
JA: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: NS-LCD 15-09
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: time set and picture contrast stuff
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't know what else there is for the TV Expert to know.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you ... working like a charm even though I couldn't find the original remote and did it manually. Again, thanks.

You're welcome and I'm glad to hear that! If you received the information you were looking for regarding your tech question, please kindly click a positive rating so that I am credited by the website (scroll to the top and click on 3, 4, or 5 stars).