TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an RCA antenna converter and it won't work with my…

Customer Question
I have an RCA...

I have an RCA antenna converter and it won't work with my Samsung TV I try to change channels and the TV stays on one channel. Is there a Samsung antenna converter box I can purchase?

Technician's Assistant: What RCA model do you have? How old is it?

Not even a year old, just purchased it recently. It's an RCA digital antenna converter box

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the TV menu works but the options are limited and i can't get results when I use the menu button.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your RCA? What happened right before this?

I recieved the TV as a gift within the last 48 hours, I don't have a problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Does Samsung carry a digital converter box for a Samsung Flat screen TV?

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: TV
6/1/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 20 days ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...RCA antenna converter...Samsung TV..." Additionally, please describe how the RCA antenna converter is connected to the Samsung TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you for your help. Now I can change channels with my RCA converter box. I tuned TV to channel 4 that caused
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
the converter box to change channels.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I still have to control volume on the Samsung remote that seems to work OK.
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 17 days ago

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I have a Hitachi VCR Model #VTM281A that is connected to my Samsung TV with a cable that has three connections
one red, one yellow and one red. I have tried all functions on the VCR, remote and TV and nothing works. What should
I do? Dennis Rupert
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 12 days ago

The yellow would be for the video connections while the red and white would be for the right and left audio connections (respectively).

The Samsung (depending on the model) using the SOURCE button would have to be set to AV.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
The Samsung TV has two AV settings, AV1 and AV2 that displays no signal no matter what inputs/outputs I use.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
There is also a component setting which displays no signal also, when I connect the inputs/outputs on the TV and VCR. Dennis Rupert

Use the Hitachi's lower RCA jacks for:

• yellow - VIDEO OUT connection; and
  • white - AUDIO OUT connection;
  • red - need not be used/connected.

Use AV1 or AV2 to whichever set of jacks the cables are connected to the TV.

COMPONENT is not to be used/selected.

If still a no-go, check/replace the RCA-to-RCA cables.