TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Says it is connecting and nothing happens. Samsung have to…

Customer Question
Says it is connecting...

Says it is connecting and nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung have to go find glasses for more info

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Out of 4 TVs this is the only one with problem. Menu doesn't work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Model number UN19F4000AFXZA version SP01

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want it to connect

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
6/1/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What do you have connected to the tv? A cable/satellite box?
Or are you trying to use the smart hub apps like netflix?

have a satellite on roof. genie in house.it runs off tv in other room. has a little box on back. do not do netflix.

Okay please unplug power to both the big genie and the little box,

wait at least 5 minutes

plug the genie in and wait another 5

then the little box, and then 5 more minutes for it to start, then see how this tv works at that point

Nothing has changed. Still have the same ole message. I did all of this before I called you.
I give up. Tired....it is late.
Thank you, ***** ***** of this was previously indicated. The exact sequence and timing is critical so if you didn’t do it precisely as I meantiond it will need to be done again. Beyond that, you have a bad receiver box and Dtv will need to replace it for you.
Sorry your suggestions had zero results.
I have no need for your service

As mentioned previously, you need to contact directv and have them provide you with a new box.