TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a model TC-P42S2. The set just went to a completely…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a model TC-P42S2. The set just went to a completely dark screen and is only blinking- red light on the front of the set- 10 flashes than a pause. I did not do anything with the settings or tv remote. It just went dark?

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Tc-p42s2

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None. the set shows no picture-dark screen

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
6/1/2018
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 2 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Panasonic Tv
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV. A 10 blink error is in most cases caused by a defective SC board. The board is responsible to prime / light up your plasma display. Let me research the part and price and I'll be right back. Thanks
Even though the SS, P and A boards can not be ruled out. That's why it is crucial to perform measurements to isolate the issue. But from my experience, it is in 90 % cases the Highvoltage SC board. Parts can by purchased at this link
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic/tc-p42s2
The complete SC board is $110 if available, otherwise the SC board repair kit for the SC board are available at the same website for $25
Labor of a technician would most likely cost you around $100-125
I know this isn't the answer you'd hoped for, and I wish there were a quick fix for this problem. But please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.