TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When power on, nothing can see but iit sparking 1 sec then…

Customer Question
When power on...

When power on , nothing can see but iit sparking 1 sec then close

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

50PJ350-AB

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No response when turn on the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The usual price for checkup

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
6/1/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand these symptoms point to a fault within the TV- more specifically the power supply board.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.