TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It keep saying weak or no signals. Lns40950 a couple yrs…

Customer Question
It keep saying weak...

It keep saying weak or no signals

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Lns40950 a couple yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes its only 2 inputs air or cable

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Nothing it was at my sisters connected to a cable box when i brung it home and connected my cable wire it said weak or no signal

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It worked at her house with the cable box connected

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: TV
6/1/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 25 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What do you have connected to the tv currently? Is there a cable box?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No cable box just cable cord i dont have boxes

Okay who provides your cable tv service?
Has another tv worked like this before?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Wow and no
There is a good chance this will not work in the first place. Most cable companies including wow do not support basic cable and a box is most likely needed.What you can try though is setting the tv input/source mode to TV
Then go into the menu under channels. Set the type to cable then run the channel scan/search and let me know the results
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 20 days ago

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Thats not true i dont have no cable boxes in my house and all my tvs work with the cable wire in the back of them
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 19 days ago

What I said was that they were most likely transitioning to full digital service,

I didn't say it couldn't work, I just said it may not, and provided the steps for how to scan.

Keep in mind however that even if other tvs do work it doesn't mean this one will. This is a 2006 model tv and does not have a built in QAM tuner, so even with the scan, depending on the signal format, it may not be compatible with the cable signal.