TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a anasonic plasma tv that just stopped working. It…

Customer Question
I have a anasonic...

I have a anasonic plasma tv that just stopped working. It makes a clicking noise every 3seconds. Tried unplugging it to reset but it does not solve the problem. Any ideas.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

Th 50 px600u

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It will not turn on. It is attached to a cable box. Other TVs work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It is at least 10 years old

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Any idea when I’ll get a reply.
6/1/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand these symptoms point to a failure of the Mainboard in the set and generally requires replacement of this part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?