TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung 60" smart TV. when I paused netflix for a…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung 60" smart TV. when I paused netflix for a minute or two the remove would no longer work. when I press a button the red light on the TV would flash. now when I try to use the remote, the TV says "not available". when I remove and put the batteries back in the remote the red light will start to blink as soon as the batteries make contact. I tried to shut the TV off for a long time to re-boot, but it did not work.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No, none of the buttons on the remove would work. when I tried to hit play to take nexflix off of pause the red light started flashing on the TV and the screed just stayed on pause. I then unplugged the cord. when I plug the TV back in the it starts back up and says no signal. so when I try to use any buttons to change the SOURCE or power off, the red light just starts to flash and the TV says "not available"

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No, I can try to plug the modem back in. the TV will not power off or change the volume either. the remote seems to not be working properly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that if i take the batteries out of the remote the red light stops flashing.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/31/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help, I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
NOTE: my replies may take few minutes to reach you so please be patient

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

I am currently at work. is there a way to get you the info later? I know it is a 60" Samgsung smart TV that is about 7 years old.

No problem, save/bookmark this chat page to open it at a later time to continue