TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to hook up LG TV with ROKU only - no other

Customer Question
Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up LG TV with ROKU only - no other cable/input. Keeps saying no signal

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Roku 1 Worked fine on old Samsung TV which just died

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

That this configuration worked on Samsung TV

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/31/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Which port on the TV do you have the Roku connected to?

Please let me know

Tried AV In1, AV Out and AV In 2 - doesn't change on any of them
No

If you connect it to the HDMI port, and switch the TV to the input channel for that HDMI port, what do you then see?

don't see that as a choice. Component in?

First look on the back of the TV and locate the HDMI port please

HDMI In port has different cable end - not compatible with ROKU end

Which model Roku do you have?

ROKU 1
Not sure why this worked on Samsung as is.
OK, thank you but I don't want a phone call.

The HDMI port is to the right of the white one, use that please

Again, the HDMI port doesn't fit with ROKU 1

then you are not using a HDMI cable as it does, the hdmi port is the one to the right of the white port