TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV was off for about 2 hrs. due to power outage. When…

Customer Question
My TV was off...

My TV was off for about 2 hrs. due to power outage. When power was restored the picture came back with a black bar on the left side and images are cut off on the right. The settings on my remote are in the correct positions. Also, the images seem to be large. What is going on and how is this corrected?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The model is Series 4+440 450. I have had it about 3-4 yrs.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No everything else seems fine; just big pic and black bar on left side

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to watch TV like I did earlier

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/31/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

That did not help, everything is still the same

If you play content from a different source such as a dvd player, do you still have the same issue?

no thanks I can see that this can be a mounting cost so if you please just reverse the charge on my card and I will look to another source. I did not have anything hooked up, just watching TV when the power went out. Thank you for your time and assistance.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

I have not had my dvd player hooked up in months

ok, please play a DVD and tell me if you get the same issue via this

It is now 3:33 a.m. I am a little tired and do not have my son available. What I can do is try it later today and get back with someone if that is possible.

Ok, if the problem occurs also with the DVD player which I suspect it will, then it means the T-Con board has faulted, this will be the cause of the issue.

In this instance, you are going to have to return the TV to have that replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you