TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just opened my new. Tv and I am not sure if it accepts an…

Customer Question
I just opened my...

I just opened my new

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Tv and I am not sure if it accepts an antenna. How can I know and which spot do I plug in the cable

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It is a sceptre 32" LED HDMI.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Scepter? What happened right before this?

No, we also have a satellite hookup, I will try that . I just got the TV, just opened the box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont know. please connect me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/31/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you get me the model number off of the back of your Sceptre so I can look into this for you.

It is a Sceptre model #x322bv srr

Thanks. Taking a look now. Also keep in kind the site will send you a phone call offer- that is not sent by me and I am not available by phone. Please standby.

Antenna jack is the only screw on jack on the back of the TV. It's along the bottom row of jacks- all the way to the left (facing the back of the TV). You can see it on page 12/52 of the manual at the link below and it is labeled as jack "1":

http://www.sceptre.com/pub/Manuals/HDTV/X322BV-HDR-Manual.pdf

Are you still with me here- can you see my reply?

It is a Sceptre model #x322bv srr To hook up an antenna---where do I plug in? Could the tv be defective, I pulled it into my satelite cable outlet and it is stll saying 'no signal'

Did you see my reply above? Or are you saying you DID find the coaxial jack and plugged into it? we need to know that first, then there's other steps you need to do.

The manual that you sent does not look like the back of my TV
I did plug into the jack on the back, it continues to say 'no signal'

Right okay, so it's plugged in and now you need to actually use the manual and follow the steps for CHANNEL SETUP. Have you done that yet?

You need to select the type of signal you just plugged into the TV (Antenna in this case) and then need to RUN CHANNEL SCAN before the TV will tune to anything. Also the TV first needs to be set to the TV INPUT setting using its remote. I'm not sure all of what you've done in those regards- let me know!

Do you have a manual for the X322BV SRR
It is a Sceptre model #x322bv srr To hook up an antenna---where do I plug in? Could the tv be defective, I
pulled it into my satelite cable outlet and it is stll saying 'no signal'
Do you have a manual for the X322BV SRR
The screw in plug will not accept the cable. It does not tighten or 'connect'
Do you have a manual for the X322BV SRR
The jack on the back of the TV for the antenna/satellite seems to be the problem, it appears to be faulty
Do you have a manual for the X322BV SRR
Are you still with me?????