TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a magnavox 46me313v/f7, when i turn it on the red…

Customer Question
I have a magnavox 46me313v/f7...
I have a magnavox 46me313v/f7, when i turn it on the red light flashes, the magnavox logo appears and i see the i put in the corner then there is a loud noise from the speakers and it shuts off everytime?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/30/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

These symptoms do point directly to a faulty Mainboard. However what were the symptoms before you replaced the board exactly?

I see some symptoms posted- were those before you replaced the mainboard- or after? I need to know the exact symptoms both before as well as after please.

The symptoms before were the red light would blinkb the tv would turn on and show the magnavox logo and show the input in the corner then there is a loud popping noise and then it just turns off. I tried replacing the two boards but i now think the boards i received off ebay were faulty.

Okay, however you didn't reply with what the symptoms were AFTER you replaced those boards. Anyhow the symptoms are textbook of a faulty Mainboard, as the speakers are directly powered by the mainboard, and additionally it is what engages to produce the external AV signals after the logo displays, so it would seem as though you have a faulty Mainboard (or perhaps the ribbon cables between the main and power boards are compromised- have you inspected them)?