TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 5yr old sharp 50" tv that is starting to lose

Customer Question
I have a 5yr...

I have a 5yr old sharp 50" tv that is starting to lose channels that the rest of the tv'ss

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 50?

5yrs

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works works fine when I watch roku its just antenna channels

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 50? What happened right before this?

I started loosing ch 11 about a year ago now channel 9 is starting to do same thing screen gets pixulated and sound cuts in and out ive completely lost ch 11 now it comes up on the menu when i rescan but no picture

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/30/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried repositioning the antenna and then rescanning for available channels?

Every other tv in the house works fine except this one

Are all TVs in the house wired to the same antenna?

It seems that the signal reaching this TV is weaker for some reason.

Have you checked that the cabling is tight all the way to the back of the TV?

Have you also checked for any kinks or tight bends in the cable, or any damage or frayed wiring that is shorting out?