TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It stays on one channel, I can't change channels with my RCA…

Customer Question
It stays on one...

It stays on one channel, I can't change channels with my RCA antenna converter box connected to it.

Technician's Assistant: What RCA model do you have? How old is it?

It's an RCA antenna converter box, I just purchased it recently, not even a year old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works, but is limited in the options display. The only problem I have is the connection on the TV input.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your RCA? What happened right before this?

I recieved the TV as a gift within the past 48 hours. The converter box worked fine with the RCA TV. The converter box does'nt work with the Samsung TV, when trying to change channels.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Am I able to purchase a Samsung antenna converter box for the Samsung TV?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/30/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I don't know what else to say except what I said in the previous question. I don't have a remote so I have to do all
functions on the TV itself. The functions on the TV don't respond, I'm presently using an RCA converter box for a
RCA TV and it works fine.I don't have a cable box either so to get channels I have to use an antenna that does pick
up some channels OK. As I said the TV was given to me as a gift without a manual so it's difficult to make anything
work. Do I still have to purchase a Samsung converter box in order to make the TV respond? The RCA Converter
box does'nt change channels on the Samsung TV.

You will need to purchase the original remote

Thank you for the response, however the remote is being sent by the person who gave me the TV. Dennis Rupert

OK

RCA Converter Box model #DTA800B1, connected by coaxial cable to TV from converter box. Dennis Rupert
RCA converter box model # DTA800B1, connected by RF coaxial cable to TV. Dennis Rupert