TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is set up with Spectrum. The Spectrum remote is fixed…

Customer Question
My tv is set...

My tv is set up with Spectrum. The Spectrum remote is fixed to run both the tv and the service. I also have a Roku. While trying to use my Roku I pressed the HDMI 2 button, but the Roku wont start up. I have checked connections....all is well. I tried to return to HDMI to just watch regular programming, but I seem to be stuck in HDMI 2 and can't get from my Insignia to either the cable connection or the Roku. There is a navy coloring to my screen and if I turn off the whole shebang it will come back with the little white rectangle saying HDMI 2 momentarily...then return to the navy screen. At one point I had a screen asking if I wished to watch Spectrum, but that has disappeared and the only thing I can see is the navy empty screen. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Yes...this computer, my other tvs and my phone are all with Spectrum and all are working.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

The Spectrum box has been rebooted...nothing happened. The Spectrum remote has been reset and again nothing happened. All remotes have new batteries in them.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I have remembered everything....and am wondering, could it be my Insignia remote that is causing problems?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/30/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do still need help.
I would prefer to try to fix the problem with out having an extra charge.
My tv is turned on and has gone to the screen saver page for Roku. The Insignia remote will not let me return to HDMI ...

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

I found a phone number directly to Insignia and talked with one of their reps....for free! We found a way to solve my problem. Thanks for your time.

OK