TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When we switch from regular cable to Netflix the screen goes…

Customer Question
When we switch from...

When we switch from regular cable to Netflix the screen goes black. sound still works. we can turn it back on but it only lasts for a few minutes. LG 65" flat panel

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LG TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 23 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?

Are other apps working?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
not sure. 65" LED 3D capable. purchased 3+years
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
other apps seem to work. video is only issue when we switch from cable channelss to something such as Netflix

Hi, I'm Nathan.

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
hello??

I'm here, I responded to you above and need more information, please:

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i don't know the model number. It's an LG 65" HD 3D compatible flat screen purchased ~3 years ago
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
still there?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
do you have a fix for problem?

The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I need you to please provide the actual model number off the back of the tv.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
65UH8500

Thank you,

please go into the LG settings menu, and run the Software update option there to make sure it has the latest version,

after it updates, try netflix again and let me know the results, please.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
no new updates. still blacks out on netflix
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
65LB7100-UB CONFIRMED MODEL#