TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung tv. All has been fine for the two years II…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung tv. All has been fine for the two years II have had it. Something occurred that made the picture get larger than the screen. I have tried to adjust it, but only have available 16x9 and a 4.3 settings. It says I do not have the fit to screen function. Help please.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # un55ku605d

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

As opposed to what?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am sorry . I am not trying to be a smart ass, but I don't know how to answer your question.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: TV
5/29/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 21 days ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help, I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
NOTE: my replies may take few minutes to reach you so please be patient

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video sources connected to the TV?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I only have usedit for the tv
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
ok

OK, how do you get channels on the TV? Via antenna or a cable box?

Do you use a cable remote to change the channels?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
cable . Use remote to change channels.

OK, following troubleshooting step, should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
ok. Should I keep this connection open?

Yes, please leave this chat page open to reply back

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
ok See you in 15

Sure, take your time

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I have unplugged the tv and cable. Waited for 10 minutes and turned it on. The picture is now ok left to right, but has black bars on top and bottom.

Nice, please find a button on cable remote labeled as Format or star * or Zoom or Wide or Aspect or HDzoom etc

Push that button a few times to see if it changes the picture size on the TV?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I cannot find any of those buttons on my cable remote, nor on my Samsung remote

OK, can you get me the model number off of cable remote and cable box?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Found "Aspect" and push it multiple times. No change. The word " normal" appeared on the screen, but no change.

OK, please use the TV remote and adjust the picture size

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Got to the Zoom and got rid of the top and bottom bars, but then the side to side is too big for the screen. In the zoom screen, cannot reduce the side to side.

Also, is the cable box hooked into HDMI input of the TV?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Connected to HDMI. No model # on remote. Cable box # DCX3520/F610/012/500

OK, I'm out of ideas what is causing the issue so will opt out now to repost this question for other techs to look into it, hopefully, someone will soon respond to assist you

Thanks

TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, owner replied 20 days ago
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I have been charged $5.00 for a chat conference to solve my problem, where the tech gave up without solving it. I am now charged $26.00 for phone call help, which I never received. So far I am out $31.00 and have no satisfactory results. Is this customer service?
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 19 days ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello I am another Expert on the cable box remote (not TV remote), press the hash # key a couple of times and see if that helps

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Have tried this before and once again. No change. Problem still exists.