TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Nothing is going on - exactly. Acts like I unplugged it

Customer Question
Nothing is going on...

Nothing is going on - exactly. Acts like I unplugged it which of course I didn't. I suspect the power supply (internal)

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

VIZIO 48" 1080, mounted on wall high up and difficult to read the model number. 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I've checked power to the outlet and it is plugged in. Remote won't turn it on, neither will pressing the power button on the lower right rear. No indication that it's plugged it but I know it is.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it worth repairing or should I consider replacement?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

1976 BSEE degree from RIT but that was long ago and far away

Are you going to try doing the diagnosis/repair yourself?

No thanks I'll take my full refundable $5.00 back -- thanks.