TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tried to download the Vizio SmartCast app in order to have…

Customer Question
Tried to download the...

Tried to download the Vizio SmartCast app in order to have Netflix access. We ended up with an app freeze and now we cannot watch our TV. The model # is E50u-D2 Serial # is LWZ2UGCS2405546

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No it is just frozen. The app was downloading slowly but then it got to a point where the download stopped and froze the TV. We cannot exit the app or do anything else. We have disconnected everything, plugged everything back in and nothing changed.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No I haven’t. I was told from direct TV that you could send something to our TV to push the app through or something like that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Please forward the expert the information of our model and serial number. Thank you!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/29/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.