TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

A question regarding Vizio model # E500i-A1 ser #

Customer Question
A question regarding Vizio...

A question regarding Vizio model # E500i-A1ser # LTYWNTBP4452652

Technician's Assistant: How old is your E500I-A1?

Not sure 5 years ?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Lets get to where I pay so I don't have to type everything twice

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your E500I-A1? What happened right before this?

Let me pay son I can move forward

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nmo no

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/29/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

What is the issue/question with your tv?

Vizio model # E500i-A1

ser # LTYWNTBP4452652

Total power loss. Will not light. I have gone through various "power cycle" routines, no help.
Opened the set, no "burns" on the power board. In line fuse was checked, not open.

Do you have 5v, 12v, 24v on CN9102 power board?

unknown

Can't diagnose where the failure is without voltages. If you cannot test the voltages, you will have to start buying boards one at a time until the tv is fixed. Or use a local repair shop.

Actually looks like there is a repair KIT with all the boards for $52. Verify with seller this is correct matching kit for YOUR tv: http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-e500i-a1-ltmwntdp-ltywntdp-ltywntdq-complete-tv-repair-kit-version-2.htm

Did you get the message I just posted?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

I already looked, shop jimmy is out of these particular parts based upon my set #
How do I check the voltage on the power board ?

Look at the link I gave you. It clearly states it is for your SERIAL number. It clearly states they have 60 kits in stock.

Kit is for serial number beginning in LTYWNTBP, just like yours.

Oh, sorry one digit off, my mistake.

What I see is set # TDP, not TBP

Yep, my mistake.

again, how do I check voltage on the board ?

Sorry I don't have time to teach you how to measure voltages. Maybe another tech here does. Good Luck

Great....recommend someone ?
Hello ?