TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv turns off and on when I have something plugged into…

Customer Question
My tv turns off...

My tv turns off and on when I have something plugged into the HDMI ports

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Magnovox

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

50me313v/f7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Magnavox? What happened right before this?

It just started happening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this free?

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: TV
5/29/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 27 days ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

How long have you owned the set for please?

Also have you tried more than one source (cable box, dvd, etc.), and additionally more than one HDMI cable?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have had it for about 3 yrs

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
the menu does come up..issue for about a week

Are you able to actually see my replies??

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I see your replies
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
just an HDMI. I don't have a cable box

Just an HDMI to what please? What's the other end of it plugged into?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
firestick

Could very well be the Firestick itself, or could be the TV's HDMI ports are faulty. There's no way to check without trying another device, or another HDMI port on the set. Were you using the Firestick before on this TV without issue? Or is this the first time setting it up?

Let me know the following:

1) Was the Firestick working previously?

2) Have you tried another HDMI port on the TV?

3) Can you try another device on the TV (DVD player, etc.)?