TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our TV is skipping a lot of channels. We have it connected…

Customer Question
Our TV is skipping...

Our TV is skipping a lot of channels. We have it connected directly to the cable, not going thru any DVD player or anything else. We have scanned it about 10 times but it still skips about 15 channels. The only change we made yesterday was we turned on the caption then the middle of the screen went black, so we turned it off. Then half the channels we were getting are missing and we don't know what to do to change any of it.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No HDMI but yes on the AV jacks. Our TV is a TCL Roku TV

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We live in an RV Park and they have a new cable system and it has worked fine until yesterday when we turned on and off the caption as mentioned above. We have scanned it for both antenna and cable several times. When we watch it we have to click on antenna icon, not the cable, even tho it actually is thru cable.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/29/2018
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 2 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello what could be happening is that the TV is scanning the analog channels and not digital or vice-versa.

If your TV has both analog & digital tuners see if there is a setting to select A or D channels or such.

Without the TV model number I cannot help you further.

later today I will check the TV And get the model# ***** and seen it

Thank you am awaiting your reply please come back to this Q&A session to resume our dialoge