TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Darkening top of the screen. Samsung smart tv 50inch 5 years…

Customer Question
Darkening top of the...

Darkening top of the screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung smart tv 50inch 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Nothing happened, just all of a sudden the top third of the sreen darkened, can still watch tv just a little greyer

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help, I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
NOTE: my replies may take few minutes to reach you so please be patient

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

Model code ... UA50F6700AMXXY MODEL NO.. UA50F6700AM version AD01 Sin ZYDB400307J

Thanks for the info

Unfortunately, it is a problem with the backlight system, the display panel/ the screen has LEDs inside that glow and produce backlight and the top section LEDs have been failed and causing the darkness on that area, sorry for this news

Display panel/ the screen replacement only option to fix it but it may cost more than a new TV price of the same size, you would be better off with a new TV rather than spend time and money on this TV's repair. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask