TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Screen shows “on demand” and movies is highlighted. My

Customer Question
Screen shows “on demand”...

Screen shows “on demand” and movies is highlighted. My remote won’t let me navigate to tv shows, nor will it navigate to one of the movies

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Don’t know. Can give you other numbers. Where is the model number?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What menu options can you access, if any?

E40-c2

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: TV
5/28/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 24 days ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Who is your cable or satellite company?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Time warner

Please try this:
-leave the tv ON.
-unplug the Time Warner box POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 20 seconds then plug in the Time Warner box power cord.

-watch the tv screen as the box boots up.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Are you there.
Please try this:-leave the tv ON.-unplug the Time Warner box POWER cord from the wall outlet.-wait 20 seconds then plug in the Time Warner box power cord.-watch the tv screen as the box boots up.REPLY back here and tell me what happens.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I’m trying that again, but I already did that once.

How many Tv's in your house have Time Warner?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Tv shows no signal . Box shows L8
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
2
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Now L4

I am here

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I’m back to the screen that’s frozen

How many tv's in the house have Time Warner ? Are they working?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The other one is fine.

call Time Warner

TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 24 days ago
Aric, Technician

The only thing you can do on a user level is to unplug the box for 30 seconds to reboot it. That's it. If the box remains frozen then you're looking at a faulty box. This box has nothing to do with the other box in the house. What you need to do now is call Time Warner and have them replace the box. The fact that it's staying frozen directly tells you the box is the cause of the issue. Since Time Warner owns these boxes and rents them to you- they are responsible for their reliable operation.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?