TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Sharp Aquous and recently HDMI will not recognize…

Customer Question
I have Sharp Aquous and...
I have Sharp Aquous and recently HDMI will not recognize direct tv receiver
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/28/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the Sharp?

How old is it?

Have you tried another HDMI cable?

Have you tried another device besides this DTV receiver (DVD, etc.)?

Send a reply back if you need help.

I have tried other cables and devices..

How old is it?

LC 60LE6OOU
About 5 years old.....

The part that fails when the HDMI ports no longer work in the Mainboard.

This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $120:

https://www.ebay.com/i/163056002771?chn=ps

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $300-$350 parts and labor, which may or may not be cost effective as a brand new 46-50" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

The ports still work, they do not the direct tv receiver anymore. PlayStation and DVD players work fine..

Well the TV doesn't know the difference between a DirecTv receiver and any other HDMI connected device so this changes things. When I asked if you tried other devices and cables you never said YES the TV works with those, it was assumed you were saying the TV did not work with ANY HDMI sources. So then the solution here is simple- contact DirecTv and have them replace your box.

Did you need further assistance with anything today?

No more help required...

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.