TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv say execute auto scan

Customer Question
My tv say execute auto scan
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How much longer. I thought it was fast service.
5/28/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 21 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please provide the model number of the tv?
Are you trying to set up a new antenna?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
LE43A509
No new antenna. Thought trying another antenna may help

If one antenna isn't working another isn't likely to make a difference either,

You do need to have the input mode set to TV (not hdmi, video, etc)

and then go into the hitachi menu, under channels, and run the auto scan/search function from there.

If it doesn't find anything, then your antenna is either not capable of picking up a signal in your particular location,

or if it worked before but suddenly stopped then you have a hardware defect in the tv

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
If it's including in the price. Do not want to pay an extra $26 to talk
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It was working fine until I ran an auto scan when I moved. Thought I could pick up more channels in this area. Now I can't get it out of the auto scan mode.
No a call is not included that is an extra cost.If you moved the issue is most likely poor signal in the new area. Try putting the antenna in front of a window then scan again.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I just need to know how to execute the auto scan. The antenna is not my problem or question
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
If I try to switch it to anything the tv has "please execute auto scan first.
Then you need to press the enter or ok button on the remote to initiate the scan. Or run the scan from the menu manually as I explained earlier
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
That's why I paid for this service because I lost my remote so I have to do everything manually. I've ran the auto scan over and over. That doesn't execute the scan.
I had no way of knowing that. This is the first mention of not having the remote.
The remote is required for this, you cannot do anything without it at this point. You either have to find it or buy a replacement.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I wouldn't need the help of I had the remote. I'm sure it's a manual way because i operate the tv manually
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 19 days ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I waited for a response for a day. Didn't know it take that long. Your advertisement stated you would answer quickly. I waited a day. What information you need. I'm at work now.I really very unsatisfied with your service.

Unfortunately, you need the remote.

Louie, Technician