TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Two week ago my 46" Samsung Smart TV (built 2011) stopped…

Customer Question
Two week ago my...

Two week ago my 46" Samsung Smart TV (built 2011) stopped working with the Fire TV we got two months ago. Netflix & Prime Video just hang up and will no longer play any selections.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire TV?

Two months old. It is the "penchant design".

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire TV?

I have been with Amazon support people three times. I am in the process of getting a new Fire TV from them because they have no more suggestions. I have performed the Fire TV factory default reset with them three times.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I was initially using an Amazon recommended USB power adapter. I tried the standard AC power adapter today that comes with the Fire TV but no luck.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/28/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the Firetv system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the Firetv.

Remove the batteries from the Firetv remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the Firetv power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the Firetv remote

when you see the Firetv logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the Firetv remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Same results. When choosing Netflix, it hangs up on the Netflix logo. When choosing Prime Video, it goes as far as letting you choose a show, then the circle loops around twice, then the picture of the show reappears.
The apps that I know DO work are Amazon Music and Tubi.TV.
No thanks. I'm sending the Fire TV back for a new one.

Thanks for trying,

this could be a fault in the stick or the tv, but it is most likely a bad stick. If less than 90 days old amazon will replace it for you.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?