TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It will not turn on at all. We were watching it and it

Customer Question
It will not turn...

It will not turn on at all. We were watching it and it turned itself off and will not come back on.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It is not now. Vizio phone support said to u plug from there and we did but still not working

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 2 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** you available to chat?

Can you still help me

Okay, I have red your question and understand your Vizio TV is completely dead and you have tried different power outlets correct?

this is correct

is the TV less then 1 year old and did you buy it new?

We didn't know if there was any way to repair it or if it is trash
We bought it new at Walmart and it is about 2 1/2 years old
Are you still there?

I see so it is out of warranty, so with a completely dead TV the usual failure is either power boards or main boards both which usually can be repaired at a reasonable cost. Are you going to try and repair it your self or are you looking for a probable cost?

My husband is very good at repairing things. Is it pretty easy or very advanced? What would it cost?

Okay can you provide me the model number from the tag on the rear of the TV and will look up some parts for you?

Model # E65x-C2

So i was hoping to find a complete repair kit for the TV that would supply the power board and the main board but they are all out of stock this mean if you dont want to buy both boards you would have do a little trouble shooting to figure out what board has failed, does he have a digital meter and know how to trouble shoot a power board?

Here is link to what I was talking about you can buy a kit containing the power and main board, one of these would solve the issue but as you can see not available right now, very easy to change out.

(click here)

So that kit is around is 100 bucks, a shop repair for this be most like be around 250 depending on the service centers in your area. I hope this helps, if you decide to try and troubleshoot or need to find both parts please just reply and I will help, please consider accepting or rating as that is how the techs here get credit for their time.