TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am unable to get my new Dish/Wally/ portable satellite…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to get my new Dish/Wally/ portable satellite dish to work. The green receiver light comes on Wally, but nothing on TV screen, I've replaced batteries in the remote, unplugged the receiver and re plugged, checked all of the cable connections, and called Dish to have receiver activated on Saturday. Today is Sunday, and it's still not showing anything on TV screen. My RV is a 2011 Winnebago Sunstar with factory installed outlets for this type of set-up, and 3 TV's, which all work when plugged into the outside cable connection. There is a separate connection for portable satellite hook up, to which I'm connected.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Not that I know of, because all TV"s are sealed in walls.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
5/27/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

i do, thanks

Is the TV on the correct HDMI INPUT?

I do not wish to pay the extra $26.00 DOLLARS, THANK YOU
which one would that be?
there are 2 on the source screen
also, the RV has 3 TV's, but all work off 1 cable connection at all RV Parks, and only has 1 separate connection for remote satellite dish hook up.
okay Harry, I'll check in a little later, gotta go to supper.

Is the TV on the correct HDMI INPUT?

I've tried it on HDMI 1and HDMI 2, neither one cured problem. I have also tried with TV power on/off, to no avail.
The source menu on TV shows several options such as TV,AV 1, AV 2,S-Video, component 1, component 2,HDMI 1, HDMI 2 and VGA.