TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just purchased 5000 series hd ultra 4k and it appears the…

Customer Question
Just purchased 5000 series...

Just purchased 5000 series hd ultra 4k and it appears the hdmi are not working I have a dish hopper it shows dish hopper and then it goes to no signal

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Philips 5000 series 4k ultra hd 55pfl5602/f7A serial # DS9A1751105017

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

NO I HAVE A DIGITAL ANTENNA HOOKED UP THAT WORKS FINE ON TV JUST THE HDMI

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Philips? What happened right before this?

JUST PURCHASED LAST NIGHT HOOKED IT UP IT SHOWS THAT IT IS HOOKED UP TO THE HOPPER BUT THEN IT GOES TO NO SIGNAL I HOOKED UP ANOTHER TV TO ***** SO I NO THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE CABLE

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: TV
5/27/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 21 days ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

This could be an HDMI port issue with the TV, and it also could be a communication issue between the DISH hopper and this TV (HDMI is digital and requires a digital "handshake" to complete the connection between components). Even if the DISH box works on another TV- this does NOT means the issue is your Samsung. It's a synergy issue.

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give it a few minutes to reboot, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
still having the same problem dish hopper shows up then goes to no signal

Okay this is a communication issue, and while it could very well be a faulty TV (the HDMI processing) you would need to try another source on the TV to rule if that is the problem or not. Do you have another source like a DVD player you can try on the TV?

Aric, Technician